Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Round of Chemo Today. October 27, 2011

 Hello everyone,

       What can I say.! My  Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has been good to me again. He is good everyday , and ALL THE TIME.

When I got to the oncologist office today they prepared me for the new chemo. The nurse gave me  2 capsules of benadryl. I am not sure why, I guess I should have asked. Wow,  that really  knocked me out. I slept for most of the time. She also gave me some liquid zantac for my stomach which went through the I.V.  I was also given an anti nausea dose. The prep took about 45 minutes. The nurse then started the chemo and it took about 2 hours  to complete. I was there a total of 4 hours , but the procedure lasted about 3 1/2 hours.

I feel fantastic right now, just as if I never had any chemo. I am not sure what the next few days will bring. One thing is for sure, my God is in control and he will never leave me nor forsake me. Please understand this; I could not go through all this without a powerful,  gracious ,and forgiving God, one who loves me more than anyone else can. I pray that when you read this that you will understand that too. There is not anyone on this earth that loves you like God does.

In closing, I wanted to share a blessing with you.  While I was at the doctors I noticed some knitted hats on the tables in the waiting room. There were many different colors and each one had a knitted flower attached.
I started to pick one and the nurse told me to take 2 or 3. Well.... I took 3. Now I am set for hats and scarves. God is good.  Here is a picture (below) of one of my new hats that I  got today.

Well, What do you think? Too much chemo?

Thank you again for your prayers, your love,and your concern. There is nothing like support from my loved ones, my friends, and my WONDERFUL church family.  Let me also say thank you to the members of Fairhaven Baptist Church and  members of Garden State Baptist Church.  They also have been praying for  me. I can feel those prayers everyday.

I love all of you, and I thank God everyday for you.
Philippians 1:3

Because of Christ ,
Mrs. Beam
Proverbs 3:5&6

1 comment:

  1. Barbara,
    While I am thousands of miles away, know that you and your family have been in our prayers since we heard about your diagnosis. You have the power of prayer working for you from coast to coast including our Bible study group at St. Mark's. I will continue to keep you in my prayers confident that Our Lord will see you through this. Stay strong and stay in touch. I love all of you guys and miss you.
    Jimmy Groat

    ReplyDelete