Thursday, November 10, 2011

God's amazing care

Hello everyone,

Yes, you guessed it. I am not having my chemo today. God had other plans.  He is all powerful, all knowing, and definitely in control of my life. For that reason, I have no worries or fear (well ,I try to claim that, but I am human too).

This last weekend I developed a cough, a sore throat, and a temperature that spiked to 103. I saw the doctor on Monday and was given a 3 day antibiotic. I went for a blood test this past Wednesday and the results showed that my blood count was low. The oncologist's office called and rescheduled my chemo for this Monday the 14th.

Please pray that God will allow me to stay healthier in the future. I had hoped to be done with chemo by mid -December. Then after that I will have surgery, probably sometime at the beginning of January.   As I mentioned before, I do not know what surgery will consist of.  If the tumor shrinks that would be wonderful, and surgery will be easier. I have been told, also, that I will need  more chemo or radiation after surgery.  I do not know about you,but I am so glad that my God has everything under control. I may have to go through difficult situations, but I know God goes through it with me.

I need to close now, but I wanted to thank you again for all you prayers. You may never realize how much they mean to me. I truly do thank my God upon every remembrance of you.

Take care,
Because of Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour,
Mrs. Beam (Barbara)

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:26-28

1 comment:

  1. I love your wonderful posts, Aunt Barbara. It is so amazing how you take everything as an opportunity to praise God and bring Him the glory. We are so proud of your strength and grace through the Lord. You are in my thoughts, and I will pray for you, of course.
    Love and Blessings,
    -Carolyn

    ReplyDelete